Through various things coming up I’ve fallen a couple of weeks behind so I’m going to start with D and come back to C if I can.
On Imbolc, I dedicated myself to Brighid. I’m still working through what that means for me and for Her. So far I’ve got:
– My relationship with Her comes before a relationship with any other deity that may enter my life.
– I must do Her work in whatever form is appropriate at the time.
– I must look after my own hearth and health in order to do Her work well. (This could be a tough one. I’ve never been good at resting).
– I must do what I can to help others who are looking to know Her.
– I should have Her in my thoughts daily
– I should continue to tend Her flame and increase the frequency of this as I am able.
– I should acknowledge and celebrate Imbolc, Beltaine, Lughnasadh and Samhain.
So that’s where I am just now. I suspect that there is more for me to do but this is enough to get to grips with for the moment!
I’ve been feeling the push towards dedication for a few months now and to have finally done it is exhilarating! I’m a bit nervous that I won’t be able to live up to Brighid’s standards and expectations. I’m anxious that I don’t know yet what work I should be doing for Her. Yet despite this, I am more at peace with myself than I have been for a long time.